Skip to main content

I Tried 10 Side Hustles—Here's What I'd Do Again

I Tried 10 Side Hustles—Here's What I'd Do Again

There are thousands of side hustle ideas online, but knowing which ones are actually worth your time can be difficult. Some sound exciting but take months to make money, while others can bring in income much faster.

After trying different ways to make extra money, the biggest lesson is that not every side hustle is created equal. Some require more time, skills, or patience than others. If I were starting over, I would focus on the side hustles that offer flexibility, realistic earning potential, and room to grow.

1. Selling Items You No Longer Need

This is one of the easiest side hustles to start because you can use what you already have. Many people have hundreds of dollars sitting in closets, garages, and storage spaces.

Selling unused clothing, furniture, electronics, toys, and household items is a great way to make quick money without a major commitment.

Would I do it again? Absolutely. It is simple, low-risk, and a great first step for anyone trying to earn extra money.

2. Freelancing Skills I Already Had

Freelancing can be a great option because you can turn existing skills into income. Writing, editing, graphic design, social media help, and administrative tasks are all services businesses need.

The biggest advantage is that you do not need to create a product or invest much money to begin.

Would I do it again? Yes, especially if I already had a skill I could offer.

3. Selling Digital Products

Creating digital products such as planners, templates, worksheets, or printable activities can become a great long-term income stream.

The beginning requires effort because you need to create products, write listings, and learn what customers want. However, the ability to sell the same product multiple times makes this side hustle appealing.

Would I do it again? Yes, but I would focus on solving a specific problem instead of creating random products.

4. Blogging

Blogging takes patience, but it is one of the side hustles with the most long-term potential. A helpful blog can earn money through advertising, affiliate marketing, and digital products.

The biggest challenge is that income usually does not happen quickly. Building traffic takes consistent effort.

Would I do it again? Yes, if I was willing to commit for the long term.

5. Pinterest Content Creation

Pinterest is a powerful tool for driving traffic to websites, blogs, and online stores. Creating helpful pins around popular topics can bring visitors long after the content is posted.

The key is understanding what people are searching for and creating content that answers their questions.

Would I do it again? Yes, especially when combined with another online business.

6. Local Services

Sometimes the simplest side hustles are the most reliable. Services like cleaning, pet sitting, babysitting, organizing, and yard work can provide steady income.

These options often require little startup cost and can bring in money quickly.

Would I do it again? Yes, especially for quick extra income.

7. Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate marketing allows you to earn commissions by recommending products or services. It works best when combined with helpful content that builds trust.

The biggest mistake beginners make is focusing only on selling instead of creating useful information.

Would I do it again? Yes, but I would treat it as a long-term strategy.

8. Reselling Items

Finding underpriced items and reselling them can be profitable if you know what people are looking for.

However, it requires research, organization, and sometimes storage space.

Would I do it again? Yes, but only if I enjoyed searching for deals and managing inventory.

9. Online Teaching or Tutoring

If you have knowledge in a specific subject, teaching can be a flexible way to earn money. This could include academic tutoring, teaching a hobby, or helping others learn a skill.

Would I do it again? Yes, especially because it can often be scheduled around other responsibilities.

10. Content Creation

Creating videos, social media content, or educational content can become an income source through sponsorships, advertising, and products.

The downside is that building an audience takes time and consistency.

Would I do it again? Yes, but I would choose a specific topic and focus on providing value.

The Side Hustles I Would Choose First

If I had to start over, I would focus on the side hustles that combine low startup costs, flexibility, and growth potential:

  • Selling unused items for quick cash
  • Freelancing skills I already have
  • Building a blog or content-based business
  • Selling digital products
  • Offering a simple local service

The best side hustle is not always the one that promises the most money. It is the one you can realistically continue doing long enough to see results.

Final Thoughts

Trying different side hustles teaches you what works, what does not, and what fits your lifestyle. Some ideas may earn money quickly, while others take longer to grow into something bigger.

If I were starting again, I would choose one realistic idea, stay consistent, and focus on improving over time. Small steps can eventually turn into a reliable source of extra income.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Budget When You’re Bad With Money

How to Make a Budget When You're Bad With Money If you've tried budgeting before and failed, you're not alone. Many people think they're " bad with money " when the real problem is that they were using a budgeting system that didn't fit their lifestyle. A good budget isn't about being perfect or never spending money on things you enjoy. It's simply a plan that tells your money where to go before you spend it. The easier your budget is to follow, the more likely you'll stick with it. If budgeting has always felt overwhelming, here's a simple approach that actually works. Step 1: Find Out Where Your Money Is Going Before creating a budget, spend 15–30 minutes looking at your bank statements from the last month. Write down how much you spent on: Housing Utilities Groceries Restaurants and takeout Transportation Insurance Subscriptions Shopping Entertainment Debt payments Don't judge yourself. You are ...

Best Amazon Products That Actually Make Life Easier (25 Everyday Problem Solvers)

Best Amazon Products That Actually Make Life Easier (25 Everyday Problem Solvers) Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference. Whether you're trying to save time, stay organized, clean faster, or simply make everyday life a little easier, there are plenty of Amazon products that solve common problems without costing a fortune. Instead of buying trendy gadgets you'll never use, focus on products that solve real frustrations. Here are some of the best Amazon finds that people actually use every day. Kitchen Time Savers If cooking feels like a chore, the right tools can make meal prep much faster. Vegetable chopper for quick meal prep  Silicone reusable food storage bags  Magnetic measuring spoons  Oil sprayer bottle   Clip-on pot strainer   These inexpensive kitchen tools can save time and reduce cleanup after every meal. Organization Products That Reduce Clutter A cluttered home often makes everyday tasks feel more str...

Why Can't I Stick to a Budget? (Common Reasons and How to Fix Them)

Why Can't I Stick to a Budget? (Common Reasons and How to Fix Them) If you've ever created a budget only to abandon it a few weeks later, you're not alone. Many people think they're simply "bad with money," but that's rarely the real problem. More often, the budget itself isn't realistic, flexible, or designed to fit everyday life. The good news is that budgeting is a skill you can learn. Once you identify what's causing your budget to fail, you can make small changes that are much easier to stick with long term. Here are the most common reasons people struggle to stick to a budget—and practical ways to fix each one. 1. Your Budget Is Too Restrictive One of the biggest reasons budgets fail is because they leave no room for enjoyment. If you cut out every coffee, meal out, or hobby overnight, you'll probably feel deprived and eventually give up. Instead, include a realistic amount of "fun money" in your budget. Even a small...